PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Gig 26- does it count?

Oops! Missed a day again, I am getting lazy. Pretty much hung over yesterday so I didn't get much done. And why? Drowning my sorrows, for the first LLC that didn't quite work.

It wasn't too bad, but as it reached 9 and there was still no audience except Kate Fox, I decided it probably didn't matter if I was a wee bit tipsy on stage. And when we started late and the first act overran, I knew someone would have to bite the bullet and drastically shorten their set if we were going to fit everything in. Nobly, I stepped up, decided to skip the re-run of my cowboy material and just introduce the guests as fast as I could, and knowing I no longer had to play a guitar - I hit the bar.

The head count went up slightly, my mate gib turned up and Chris Cross (one magician, not two small rappers.) had 3 mates with him - so an audience of five. I guess the easter weekend left everyone partied out and one more night of mindless hedonism was asking too much.

Check out the Long Live Comedy link to see what else happened. And roll on the next one.

TUESDAY 2ND OF MAY. 8.30 FOR A 9.00 START. -
THE 5TH 'LONG LIVE COMEDY'
THE DOG AND PARROT (UPSTAIRS)
-OPPOSITE THE CENTRE FOR LIFE, 2 MINS FROM CENTRAL STATION.
ONLY £2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home