PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Gong show 2. Gig 23.

Gig 23 was the middlesborough gong show. Pretty rough again. I think I'm just not the sort of comedian who will ever win gong shows in middlesborough. I don't want to get up myself and say that's a good thing, but to instantly appeal to the majority of a large crowd in a few minutes, would mean changing my style too much. Have I just said my style means crowds don't like me? Yes, reading that back, that's exactly what I said. But I'm thinking of quirky comedians like Eddie Izzard or Harry Hill - they wouldn't win middlesborough gong shows either. I might be just shit, but even if I am, I'm shit in that general area. If I was trying to be like Peter Kay, and I was still gong down like a lead balloon at gong shows, that would prove something.

Nothing else today, but if you want more entertainment out of me today go to the LLC site where I've added some of the audience entries to the first show's competition.


NEXT GIGS:

TUESDAY 4TH OF APRIL. 8.30 FOR A 9.00 START.
THE THIRD 'LONG LIVE COMEDY'
THE DOG AND PARROT (UPSTAIRS)
-OPPOSITE THE CENTRE FOR LIFE, 2 MINS FROM CENTRAL STATION.
ONLY £2.

MONDAY 17TH APRIL - THE STAND -EDINBURGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home