PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Busy, busy.

I've got a lot to do this week - well today really, I'm busy on Friday, so today is my last chance to work out a 5 minute routine for the gong show in Middlesborough on Sunday. - Actually, last time I was gonged off after 2 minutes- so the end of my set can be the same as last time.

Then on Tuesday it's the third Long Live Comedy night. I've got an idea for my bit, a Cornish yokel addicted to cider, but i'll need to work on it a bit. I'm glad it is fortnightly, it seems to come round so quickly, we do one, have a few days off, meet up to discuss the next one - and before you know it we're having to stick up posters again. If we'd tried to do it weekly I think we'd have given up already.

My writing has slowed up a bit, I've fallen out of the practice of carrying a mini -notebook and an IKEA pencil everywhere, because I never missed it - over the last few weeks i've never thought, 'ooh thats funny, if only I had my mini -notebook and IKEA pencil!' But this may be a chicken / egg situation. If I don't have the MN and IP, I wont be dwelling on things to note down.

I have one new joke which is making it's first written appearance here...

"We're worried about my grandmother, she's getting old and confused. She's in such a state these days she can't properly catalogue her collection of chat show host autographs. She may have Parkinson's."

I did wonder about putting stage material on here because a) other comics might nick it. b) The audience might have read it all here and not laugh when I do it live. But then I thought if other comics are desperate to rip-off my material, and everyone in the audience is an avid reader of this blog - that's not really a bad thing.

P.S. The picture is from the Chortle Awards, taken by fellow contestant Merlin, but I'm putting it here as I've only just got round to looking at them closely. You've heard of dying on stage, well here I am dying in the style of Kenneth Williams playing Dracula or Mum-ra. I'm slowly disintegrating and being blown away in the wind, look my hand's nearly gone - I was an empty shirt 10 seconds later.

NEXT GIGS:

SUNDAY 2ND OF APRIL.
MIDDLESBOROUGH GONG SHOW

TUESDAY 4TH OF APRIL. 8.30 FOR A 9.00 START.
THE THIRD 'LONG LIVE COMEDY'
THE DOG AND PARROT (UPSTAIRS)
-OPPOSITE THE CENTRE FOR LIFE, 2 MINS FROM CENTRAL STATION.
ONLY £2.

MONDAY 17TH APRIL - THE STAND -EDINBURGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home