PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Long live comedy 3. Gig 24.

Tonight is the third installment of long live comedy, upstairs at the dog and parrot -this area is now officially called 'the cedar rooms' although 'the cedar room and the ladies and gents cedar toilets' would be more accurate. I'll be hosting the first section of the show where I'll be trying out a few bits and bobs to warm the crowd. After Callum did his cats v. dogs material last week, I remembered some old stuff i'd written on this old favorite of stand-ups everywhere, so I'll give that another spin. One of the acts if comedy magician Flash, so if he's in my section I've got a great anecdote I read in a history of magic. I'm also going to test SImon Pegg's theory that reading Trivial Pursuit questions with the wrong answers is the funniest thing in the world. This leads into our audience competition for this week.

It's also my turn to be a proper act, so I'm trying out a new character. The piece requires me to down 2 pints of cider in quick succession, so there's a very real possibility you might see me throwing up on stage.

If you want to see how any of that pans out, get yourself down to the new CR, above the old D and P.

NEXT GIGS:

TUESDAY 4TH OF APRIL. 8.30 FOR A 9.00 START.
THE THIRD 'LONG LIVE COMEDY'
THE DOG AND PARROT (UPSTAIRS)
-OPPOSITE THE CENTRE FOR LIFE, 2 MINS FROM CENTRAL STATION.
ONLY £2.

MONDAY 17TH APRIL - THE STAND -EDINBURGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home