PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Gig 61. they say faither...

I tried a little character at last week's LLC. Based on an older entry in this blog (I can't be arsed to do a link so search the blog for 'combs') I'd originally thought this traditional tale would be well presented just read out in a dead pan style. In fact I'd only dug it out again to use in a possible project on the theme of happiness, which I may be helping Donnachda O'Connail with. But as Donnachda wouldn't be there I tried it in my own (rather less convincing) Irish accent, and from that it was a small step to adopt the persona of a priest. I found I had a black shirt in my wardrobe and an organ sound in my keyboard, so I thought what the hey. Anyway, the result is on the podcast, it's not top quality (you can hear Callum's notes rustling in the middle) but I may never get round to doing a better version so there it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home