PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Monday, February 05, 2007

Gig 60. Phew.

Woo. A good gig. Which rounds out my week to 3 good ones and 1 duff one. So I'm back on a high, and though I'm not about to forget the possible need to re-think my onstage persona, it's not the pressing need I'd thought. Cool Fun at the fish tank (above bimbis) in Durham was a joy. The organisers are all at the university, which means they have a full room of their student mates every time. It's a bit like our place when we have 3 acts from Newcastle College. Unfortunately, in the real world your mates come about every 6 months so we have to (well, ought to) work a bit harder to get a crowd. With a lot of acts and only one break I was impressed by the patience of the crowd, though it was hard to tell at times what the crowd response was. There was constant laughter, but sometimes eminating from a few mental patients dotted about the room - including a few of the organisers / regulars who were hooting like constipated apes at the back. Still, I had a very nice time. Started with the new 'snowball' bit in an effort to sound a bit more spontaneous - then did my well rehersed 5, though I was relaxed enough to forget a few bits and not care. I finished with a few completely new bits based on tomorrow's competition - improving sports. All good. And when I came off I was assured that everyone had been laughing - not just the gibbons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home