PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Gig 54. Billy Bob rides again!


Gig 54 was my first trip to James Christopher's York gig
  • (learn more here)
  • although to save you time, here's the review of my bit;


    "excellent character act Pete Thompson treated us to his guitar-plucking cowboy alter-ego, Bob Thornton. It was a sparkling turn, with great gags, songs and performance."

    Not a bad review, as long as no one notices that we pop down to York in what amounts to a comedian exchange programme, so I suppose James will tend to be generous. It was a good night and I was glad to air this old material again, it's a bit I would like to perfect, though it's not something I'd want to do too often or call my main act. There's too many comic cowboys about - Rich Hall's Otis lee Crenshaw, being the biggest one at the moment. I didn't do the turkey song - I think Ashley's right (see coments on last post). I had the idea and once I get an idea in my head I like to finish it, but I hadn't really thought about wether it would work as stand up. Still, you might see the turkey song attempted at the LLC - that's what it's for- and if I do it there I won't be tempted to try it out cold next time I get a proper gig.

    The act will be on the podcast soon- though I forgot my recorder so I'll have to wait for James to send a copy of the tape he made. Another gem I hope to make available soon is Cal and Al performing my 'Quorn to be Wild' sketch. I never thought they'd get round to doing it, but was overjoyed to learn they'd had a shot at it in my absence. They tell me it went well - but more on that when I see the video that Cal took. So lots going on, including a few things which we'll anounce soon - feels like exciting times down at the old LLC.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home