PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Origin of the Species - The Musical.


DARWIN: So what do think?

DARWIN'S CHIMNEY SWEEP: Well I've read your book sir, and I have to say it was astounding! Amazing! Gor, just to think we are all descended from lower orders of animals, and we're developing into something even higher. And if there is a god, he operates outside the natural processes and therefore the lowliest creature has the same cosmic importance as me! It's gobsmacking, it's, it's...

DARWIN: In other words?

DARWIN'S CHIMNEY SWEEP: In other words, Mr. Darwin...


(Sprightly Musichall piano)

I'll be a monkey's uncle
A monkey was an uncle to me
Lord love a duck
it came as quite a shock
to find the lord loves his ducks as much as me.

Oh gor blimey
we're from the same stock as any slimy
thing what crawls out of the sea
they're essentially
the same as you and me.

Oh mr. drawin
at first i found your theories quite alarming
but now I think they're obvious and charming
you've made a world of difference to me

you see when I thought I'd been created
by a good and ever loving god
it made me wonder why me life was shit
and why I'm such a miserable sod.

knock me down with a feather
we're all in the same boat together
an' humans won't be around forever
slowly we're becoming something better

la la la...

(SONG CONTINUES, DARWIN AND SWEEP FROLICK AROUND DRAWING ROOM DOING COUNTRY DANCES AND IMITATING ANIMALS.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home