PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Gig 45. Haloween LLC.

For the halloween LLC I did a few bits of the material from yesterday, but more successfully we also used the scrap of fake fur that hides the boozy competition. This revealed itself to be a ghost, the idea was that I'd voice the ghost puppet with an extra mic offstage, and Cal would talk to it. But Cal hadn't had enough time to learn it, so we had the rather surreal solution of AL doing Cal's voice, just as I did the ghost's. Here's the script...

well... that's the competition, but who's looking after the prize. Well as it's halloween, we thought we'd let you in on a little secret. This bit of cloth that hides the prize is actually a ghost. let me see if he'll talk to you... Come spirit... awaken...is there anybody there? (etc, till you get the puppet on.)

hello mr. cal.

hello. So you know us then?

Of course, I've been watching the show for nearly a year. you're mr Cal, that's mr pete, and thats the lovely alison.

Alison?

Well, I know you usually call her Al, but I think it must be alison really.

So you like our Al?

Oh yes, shes got lovely curly hair, and she talks dirty, I bet she'd do owt.

Right, OK. so you know us, what's your name?

Hairy grey booze ghost.

Hairy grey booze ghost?

That's right, Mr. Hairy grey booze ghost.

That's a bit of a mouthful, do you have a first name.

Ken.

Right, well I call you that...

No, it's a bit familiar, please call me Mr. Hairy grey booze ghost. Maybe if I come back next week you can call me ken.

So you think you're coming back next week?

Yes. I expect I will soon become the star of the show.

Right. well. So, you're obviously a hairy grey ghost and the booze bit is because you look after the competition prize.

Not only look after it, I make it myself, I emanate it from my own ectoplasm.

Ectoplasm?

Yes, it's a sticky substance that ghost produce when they get excited.

Oh, I know- like slimer in ghostbusters.

(spits) Gah! I hate ghost busters! the bastards. BIll Murray and Dan Akroyd and the specky one and the black one, just ganging up on ghost and putting them in boxes!

but the ghosts were being quite naughty.

rubbish, just minding their own business.

Well what about that dog demon that attacked rick moranis- that was pretty bad.

OK, but afterwards he got to have sex with sigorni weaver. And there's no way that speky twat would have had a chance with her otherwise. I mean, most men would happily be attacked by demonic devil dogs if they could shag sigorni weaver afterwards. Like she was then, I mean, not now. She's about 50! Imagine it- like shagging your gran, urgh.

Ok, ok, calm down Hairy grey booze ghost. I wanted to ask- what were you like in real life, were a man, a woman or what-because now, you just look like a small sheet,

that's because in life I was a flannel. But I was a bad flannel, I did terrible acts. Crimes against flannelity

flannelity?

That's like humanity but with flannels. I did shocking things. Once, I was being used to wipe up some jam, and I rolled over so my owner got it all on his hand. And once I hid at the back of the drawer, so no one could find me- and they couldn't shut the drawer properly either. And once I killed 6 kids.

(AT this point the ghost goes a bit mental - so just shut him up and move on.)

A picture of HGBG will be added once the picture uploading thingy starts working again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home