PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bollocks!

I was just preparing to finalise and send off my ideas for a couple of radio competitions today. One's adding to an existing sketch show the other is coming up with an idea for a new show. So I decided to look a little more closely at the web site and see if I'd missed anything. The sketch competition is already closed. Arse.

But worse, regular readers (both of them) will remember 'Through the time hole with Lord Caruthers-Wothington.' -the adventures of a victorian gent. This was my plan for the other competition. On the site they have an interview with Colin and Fergus- the first people to have a show commissioned by BBC7, and they describe their show...

"We were keen to work up an idea based on a Victorian detective story."

Double Arse. It turns out this is (the main) part of a sketch show, rather than a whole sit com, but still. If the first thing BBC7 comissioned was about victorian detectives, then the second thing isn't going to be about victorian adventurers. I must learn to be prepared by (a) reading competition details and closing dates and (b) buying a decent voice recorder earlier.

I've just got a nice new one with a huge memory which is also mac compatible (though still a pain in the arse to convert to MP3) If I had bought that last year and had started my podcast I would now have audio samples to pick and choose from- surely I could convince BBC7 that one would stretch to a 15 minute show. But alas, all I have is 3 more days to think of a new idea. Bugger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home