PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Prep. for gig 38.

Ooh, where's me Laurels? Ooh look, I'm resting on 'em.

Well, only 2 posts last week, I will attempt to get a full week in sometime. Today's entry is my notes as I work out a 10 minute set for tonight's gig. It will be based around the 5 minute set I did for beat the frog, a. because it was good. and b. because the line-up looks pretty good already, and I may get there and find I've only got 5. (If I get there to find I am not on at all I will throw Al in the stinking Scarborough sea and drive home.)

For my notes, here's what's in that 5.

shirt-vincel-good summer-goths-austrailia-ve haf been.-swearing in adds xxxx-Whole grain-GM food-brunel school-big issue-cyborg-jabba.

I could extend it by continuing the sci-fi theme and going into my 'Planet of the Apes' bit and ending on a song. I can now take the low-fi approach as I have added a strap to my acoustic guitar (liquid nails and string- If you think this looks shit wait till you hear the song.) hopefully that will sound Ok just picked up by the mic.

Right, I'll just try that and see how long it adds...

...another 5 minutes. Hmm, I was thinking I'd still need to add a bit at the start too, but that's it. Oh well, here goes nuttin'.

NEXT GIGS-
-MON 18TH, SCARBOUROUGH.-Mirth Control with,
AL DAWES.
Jim Jeffries.
Die Clatterschenkensfietermaus
MC-Jon Reed

-TUES 19TH, LONG LIVE COMEDY, DOG AND PARROT- BACK AFTER THE CANCELLED SHOW LAST TIME.
-WED 20TH, THE ROYALTY, SUNDERLAND.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home