PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Gig 40, 41 - and the PODCAST!!!

Well another week without a new entry but this one is a doozy.

First - gig 40 was in Scunthorpe, promoted by 'the other side' who also organised last week's Scarborough gig. I had a strong start, a dodgy middle and won them back again at the end with the Monkey song. We also met Mitch Ben, guitar maestro on 'The Now Show' - who's great in real life, i.e. when he's not restricted to songs about one week's news and can spread himself a bit, for more on that see Al's Blog.

Gig 41 was Tuesday's LLC- see the site for that, though it's been playing up, so at the moment there are two copies of the review and no 'coming next week' page. I'll talk about that more tomorrow too.

And now the real excitement. I now have.... a podcast site. Just go to;

www.peterthompson.podomatic.com

or click the link. At the moment there is just one entry, me at the 'beat the frog' show in Manchester. I don't know how often I'll update it, especially since owing to compatability problems I have to record stuff on my recorder, go to my Mam's, download to their PC, e-mail to my Mac, play it on the mac, while recording it again in realtime with wiretap, send the wiretap file to I-tunes, convert to mp3 in I-tunes, upload to the podcast site. So unless I find a way to take a few steps out of that I wont be posting very often. Still, you can subscribe so when I do get my arse in gear the result is sent to you automatically. Technology eh?

NEXT GIG:
TUESDAY LONG LIVE COMEDY AT THE DOG AND PARROT.

1 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good podcast. I enjoyed your Beat The Frog performance - applause breaks during a set is very good indeed. If you were a little more confident in some of those laughter breaks, you'd pause a little more and get more laughs.

Well done.

Ashley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home