PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Gig 39.

A great LLC last night. We had Dynamite Dan, who we only realised after sticking him on first, is a pro who usually gets paid. So he joins the ranks of those we're lucky to get. He'll hopefully be back to headline at some point. Although it actually worked well, amateurs that we are, we're only just realising that the first act being good is as important as a good headliner.

We also had the sketch group Belly Rub, with Tom Mitchell who's done stand up at the LLC before. Following a drop out they had free reign over the whole middle section and it worked really well, made a great change and has certainly made me consider going back to the sketch format occasionally.

I was pleased with my own stuff too- basically a rant against low lactose milk, especially when targeted at cats- which went over really well. I wouldn't normally count so short an appearance as a 'gig' but as I compered the last section, including the competition I was on stage for a while. Despite being a little drunk I think I was entertaining enough. At one point I dropped a competition entry and when Al helpfully pointed out 'It's behind you.' I was still sharp enough to follow it with 'it's usually December before you here that on stage.' It's not the best come-back in the world but, sod it, I'm counting that as gig 39.

Anyway, for a whole review check out the site.

On the downside, the Royalty gig in Sunderland never happened. It actually starts next week, but after the confusion I'm not sure when I'll be on.

So,

NEXT GIG.

LLC TUESDAY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home