PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Gig 94, 95.

I’ve nearly reached my hundred, but I’m not ready to retire just yet. I compered the Chilli, and didn’t do a bad job if I do say so myself. On the way down I thought of a few new ideas on my recent fatherhood, which made for a good start. It got a bit ragged at one point when we were running out of time, which meant I just did a bit of material and got off – I couldn’t afford to keep going until I got a bigger laugh to end on, so Jenny Armstrong didn’t get the warm up she deserved – but luckily didn’t need it.

I did a gig in Beverly, Yorks. Which was lovely (as everyone who’s done it had told me) – the dangerous animals song was well received, but the few minutes of stuff I did first went down a storm. It’ll be nice if I finally get offered some 20 minute gigs where I can do a song and still have time to do some other stuff around it.
One of the new bits I did was about the advertising for Newcastle College – they use posters something like this…


The New Vivienne Westwood.
Not exactly like this, as I couldn’t find a copy of the poster on the web (well done NC publicists) Anyway, a fresh faced student with the words ‘The new inset name of most famous person in the field’ They’ve got them for Sports Science (David Beckham) , Business (Alan Sugar) etc. They don’t have one for Physics, and I’ve worked out why – it would have to be ‘The new Stephen Hawkin’ and that’s a bit of a double edged sword.
The cover of the guide to the library has two students leaping ecstatically into the air. It’s the LIBRARY! It’s not the BOUNCY LIBRARY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home