PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Gigs 92, 93.

Obviously been a while since I blogged, and one of the points of this was to keep a count, as when this all started I said I would do 100 gig then see how I feel. Some people interpreted this as do 100 then definitely stop, but it was more to ensure I did a minimum and didn't give up before I gave myself a fair crack of the whip.

Anyway, the gigs I can remember over the last 2 months were...

92-Charity gig for Amnesty at the Cluny, where I sabotaged myself a bit by starting with the ebony and ivory stuff - this can be misinterpreted (search for that entry again to see some very indignant comments by somone who must have stumbled over the site and thought I was entirely serious, and I genuinely believed Stevie Wonder was too stupid to appreciate the difference between elephant teeth and people.)I will do this material again, but just lose the po-faced stuart lee presentation, and instead do it as I do 'The Who' material... great music but the lyrics are a bit etc.

93 - Our covers night - an enjoyable Pete and Dud sketch with Barry as Mr. Cook. And more Peter Cook but performed in the style of Morrissey to a kareoke version of 'How soon is now.' - I got a pervese pleasure from this, but it left most people bemused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home