PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Gig 89-Holding the Fort.

Gig 89 was my running the Dog and Parrot single handed unitl reinforcements turned up as Cal arrived at 10. Not a bad night, though with the first chills of winter, there weren't loads in. I did have to think on my feet, as I was doing all the compere duties and the practical stufff too, so I had a few ideas I might keep. I started with the old eldon square goths, who were mulling around looking confused (no change there then) because the square's been fenced off. I think the council missed a trick, they should have put up the fence with the goths in it, and made it a new attraction. Stick up a few sighns- 'Come and Mock the Goths.' 'Do not throw vegetables at the goths. They may eat some out of curiosity, and vitimins will cause the goths to lose their unhealthy pallor, the other goths may then turn on them or ostracise them from the group.' I love the word 'ostracise' - It did originally mean you would be tarred and feathered and have your neck stretched.
I mentioned I used to be a goth which lead on to my hair - 'It used to be even bigger- I've got an old passport photo that looks like a bald guy standing in front of a brown background.' Someone mentioned vegetarian burgers, and I explained how I've never understood produces like Quorn Bacon. If you're a vegetarian, eat vegetables. Don't pretend you're eating meat. I like my meat but I never make a ball out of susage and pigg blood and pretend it's a tomato.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home