PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Gig 88 -the power of the note book.

I'm slowly getting back into comedy through the power of the notebook. I always swore I'd have one in my back pocket at all times, but this has fallen by the wayside. But i found an old one and decided to add to it, no matter how dodgy, slim or rough the ideas seemed.
One entry said simply 'troosers, loses, youses' (to be sung in bad spanish accent.) After a few weeks mulling, this suddenly spilled out again, as 5 minutes of Paulo from Guatemala, who had noticed that the English like trousers 'Even the weemin wear troosers, It's crazy man, you pants crazy, you guys are pantaloonies!' Paul the tried to fit in by singing a song about the importance of trousers. This was a rather experimental bit, but after a couple of drop outs at the Dog and Parrot I ended up finishing the night with it. A few bemused looks, but some very big laughs in there too.

My next main gig is compereing the next chilli, so I'll have to trawl through my old blogs and material and see what I've got left that they haven't seen already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home