PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

gig 69,70 and killer cars.


Gig's 69 and 70 were two trips to Scotland, to play the Stand's at Edinburgh and Glasgow. A 5 hour round trip on each day to be onstage for 5 minutes. It is crazy, and it's difficult to explain to people why it's actually worth it (sort of). But it was nice, an OK gig in Edinburgh, than a quick trim and a much better gig in Glasgow- even though I was first and they weren't really warmed up.

The Edinburgh drive took even longer because the front wheel started to come off, this is something I wish I could work out myself. But it was just an odd knocking sound coming from somewhere. It was only when the guy from green flag called to confirm my position (after I'd already been waiting an hour) that he said 'have you looked at the wheel nuts?' I hadn't. I'd looked at the tyres, but they weren't flat. But after his prompt I did manage to pull off the hub cap and found there were only two nuts holding the wheel on. Ho hum.

I think cars are conspiring against us anyway, at least some are. Following the trend of the transformers, half have chosen to protect mankind and half are going to destroy us. We all know cars are evil polluting machines. Some companies are now stressing that their evil polluting machines aren't half as bad as some other evil polluting machines. The ads have greenery, waterfalls, trees and talk about low emissions, while rabbits shoot heart shaped arrows into the sky, to celebrate their chum, the hybrid engine. But deep down we all know cars are wrong, and we should really be buying bikes instead of slightly cleaner cars, we have to admit it. But admiting it and repentantly trying to change isn't the only option. Some other companies are exploiting it the other way. 'We all know cars are evil polluting machines- so why not drive the biggest, baddest evil polluting machine in the world!' They are actually marketing cars now on how evil they are.

There's the Nissan truck that turns into a robot spider, crocodile and snake- EVIL. The one that uses the solgan 'It gets respect!' - Which the owners interpret as 'Stop at zebra crossings? Not us, we're EVIL.' And I have just watched an ad for Golf which actually says 'When was the last time you just went for a drive?' and tries to encourage people to drive round at night FOR NO REASON AT ALL. Je. Sus. Wept.

I'm having showers instead of baths to do my bit and these dicks are driving round in circles all night. EVIL.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home