PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Whole Otter Love.

Tonight's LLC theme is Rock n Roll and the competition is Animal Rock and Roll, as it says on the LLC site;

Because our dumb chums like to rock out too...
The Oasis classic- Don't look back in hamster.
Bonnie Tyler's tortoise love song- Turtle eclipse of the heart.
The Smiths with their tribute to the sea-cow- This charming manatee.

But for my money 'Whole Otter Love' beats them all. Especially as I actually happened to hear the song (the original obviously) over the weekend, and now to my ears Robert Plant is just singing about our largest semi-aquatic mammal.

On Thursday I'll be doing a bit at our monthly show, and I've realised this is my first proper gig (i.e. straight stand up, not something weird, and not just at the LLC.) since February at Cool Fun in Durham. Al offered me a gig on Wednesday, but at short notice I couldn't face 3 nights out in a row. Still, he's doing it- and he was in Edinburgh again over the weekend. I'll have to get out more, or at least make sure when I do occassionally appear I'm so good that people still notice me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home