PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Friday, May 25, 2007

Gig 66. The LLC experience.

Oh dear, over a month since the last one. But I`m on holiday in Japan so I have an excuse. I should at least blog to keep a record of the gigs, as I plod my way towards 100 (which I promised myself I would reach, before making a decision on whether to continue or not.) For the record then, gig 66 was the 3 of us talking about madness, - see the last entry for one part. It was fun to do, especially the writing. Folowing on from a blog of mine about victorians going to watch lunatics as entertainment, Al though a follow-up would be that the nutters were really just actors, and from this we knocked together a sketch of somone auditioning to be insane by doing the hamlet speech. Thanks to the internet we could conjour up the words, and they`re pretty funny in themselves. There genuinely is a line which says `with a bare bodkin` which we followed with Callum as a camp director interupting `Would you do it with a bare bodkin, love? You haven:t got a bad bodkin- might draw in the crowds.`

However, though there were some laughs, we really hadn`t put enough work in to rehersing the performance. I honestly think that with an extra hour, just enough time to read through it 3 times, make sure everyone knows which parts are supposed to be gags, which voices work best etc. it would have been twice as good.

Hopefully we`ll do it again - but do it right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home