PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Monday, April 02, 2007

New / Old Podcast. The Return of the Living Ned.


Another podcast, actually just finally fixed one that's been there for ages, which I realised wasn't working at all. It's me at Cool Fun in Durham, and includes - A man called Snowball and my suggestions for improving sports. This was a great gig, but those hyper students do laugh at ANYTHING, and there are a few quite bizarre skreeches going on. But never make fun of people for laughing. That's kind of why you're there.

A busy week coming up, the weekly LLC on Tuesday, then the first Monthly on Thursday, and next week I'm in York at James Christopher's gig. Where I'm thinking of re-doing Ned Nineacres. He's the cider junkie who also gave Jimi Hendrix advice on his plums (Jimi was trying to grow them on an acid soil.) and in response to woodstock created stick stack stock. - As he didn't have much wood but did have a stack of sticks. (It's basically me pretending to be in the wurzels- yes I am cutting edge.) This is the sort of thing I can only do at gigs like york. I wouldn't do it again at the LLC, but it's too odd to risk doing at a normal gig, so it's nice to have a place where these little ideas can at least get a second outing.

Still trying to come up with 20 minutes of 'Madness' themed stuff for Cal, Al and myself to co-present / perform on the 1st of March. Nothing so far, so I'm going to have a coffee and when I come back I'll have a list of 10 ideas we might mention.

1. psychiatry / Freud.
2. Victorians going to assylums as entertainment.
3. The Monster Raving Loony Party.
4. David Ike.
5. UFO buffs.
6. Religious nutters.
7. Words for mad - nuts, fruitcake, doolally, one stick short of a bundle.
8. Amnesia.
9. Paranoia.
10. Famous Nutters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home