PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Gig 62- experimental theatre.


God, I'm getting bad at blogging. I'm now doing this in spare momets at work. I did add a picture, but it's in such a rush it has nowt to do with this bolg. Well, I'm in such a rush I don't know what I'm writing, so it might be about elderly men organising a bike race round the town centre. But no, instead, very briefly I'll do all the stuff I would have done if I'd been blogging daily.

The theatre gig was a bit wierd. Experimental performance art and one of those badly written plays where people in the middle of heated arguments still manage to list obscure facts that show the writer did some research. 'I'm going to kill you! Because your company's building projects have caused an 83% decline in curlew numbers in this area.' 'You crazy fool, the police will be here any second- and the curlew was already in decline, 19th century hunting meant breeding pair numbers had been unsustainable since the turn of the century.'

And me and Cal reading bits from a sitcom that needs a lot of re-writes. I don't think the audience knew if they were supposed to laugh - I'd been biting my fist for most of the evening.

We won the best Northern Venue in the Chortle comedy awards. HA HA HA HA HA!

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the three way Skype video link which was a complete rip-off of a scene from Conan the destroyer!
CAL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home