PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Hurry up.

I'm reading Michael Palin's diaries at the moment. God it's depressing. Not only was he younger than me when he started Python he was still younger than me when he finished the 3rd series. So I need to get going with something. We've been busy at LLC but mostly in organising gigs which for the most part give other people more exposure than us. I want to write or perform, not promote. Of course being a comedy promoter isn't a bad job, and if I thought we could get a living wage out of it I'd give it a go, but it seems highly unlikely. Perfroming comedy is a nice hobby. Setting up PA's and leafleting is not a nice hobby. So i need a creative project to do alongside it. But doing something big, like say writing and recordng a radio pilot, is pretty tough to do on your own. A few people have talked about collaborations, but too often the initial 'Yeah, good idea lets do that'-doesn't lead to any actual work.

-then again, I'm only complaining because i've generally only done 2 pages and then stopped myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home