PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

gig 30- LLC

Back at the good old LLC where I tried out some of the notes from yesterday. Go to the LLC site for the full write up, based on Al's blog as usual.

I've never had much luck with women, I think they're intimidated by my raw femininity.
This worked alright - got a 3 out of 5 while I was still asking for marks.

People complain wind farms are unattractive, why don't they just put a modle of two guys sawing a log on the top.
This would have been 5/5 - but has to be accompanied by the explainitory gesture to work-I don't know why-, everyone clearly liked it anyway so I stopped asking for marks.

I once worked in a library. The pay was rubbish, but I could borrow as many books as I wanted for free.
This didn't work - but I went on to talk about a real job I had in a jigsaw shop, and this worked ok. People would mime the shape of boxes while they tied to explain what they wanted, which didn't help much as all jigsaws come in rectangular boxes. Also people always ask for jigsaws for their kids, and when you show them the ones in that age range they always say - well, he's very bright, and add a few years. This is annoying because a. Why did you ask me in the first place? b. They're bullshitting, because if it was true sometimes people would say, well that looks a bit hard. he's a bit thick, he still pisses himself sometimes, he's no Doogie Howser.

Nothing else worked that well, there might be something in the formula one stuff but I needed to work it out more, I was obviously winging it. Well - mission for the next 3 days - write a killer 8 minutes for glasgow.

SATURDAY 3RD OF JUNE.
-GLASGOW, 'SO YOU THINK YOU'RE FUNNY?' HEATS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home