PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Gigs to date.

Just to get things up to date before I get confused

Gig10- Was at Engima- my second go at something like solo stand up- I ended up just taking the chronicle onstage and talking about the coverage of the New Orleans Hurricane (Page 5)-dead Americans and a storm in Newcastle (Front page)-soggy Geordies. I picked it up as research but it was so funny I basically just read it out. eg. One of the Firemen said "It's the worst flood I've ever seen, it was coming over the top of our boots."

Gig 11- Was the triumphant return to the Dog and Parrot as Slam winners. Rich came and we did-
1. The 'My dog's got no nose' poem- but Rich forgot to put on the scary voice which makes it work.
2. The Cowboy song.
3. The heaven sketch.
4. The poem using all the 2 letter words in scrabble (it, id, ax, ox, etc.)
This had been my victory piece on the night I won the slam- but it worked better now as it was actually finished, and I'd made cards with the words to get the point across a bit more. - Actually I had them the first time as well, but reading the poem and holding the cards up at the right time was tricky and I kept getting them mixed and having to back track. 'A poetry Tommy Cooper' someone said. Now Rich was holding up the cards. As often happens, the best bits were unintentional. Rich made a great fuss over getting the mic. in the right place, and after helping him a while I remembered he wouldn't be saying anything. Then the mic, which we set up anyway, started to swing slowly away from him towards me- as if drawn by a magnet. The biggest laugh was when Rich managed to get the cards mixed up and I said dispairingly 'a monkey could do it.'

Here's the review from NWO's website.

"Peter Thompson, last month's Slam winner did a very long God sketch, an endearing country song parody and a stunningly inventive scrabble poem."

That's right 'stunningly inventive' -oh yes! And 'long'.

Gig 12. Was my first one at Egypt Cottage- see Nov 23.
Gig 13. -unlucky 13 was the night at Egypt Cottage when I forgot my song lyrics - spooky.

So that means last night in Sunderland was 14- See next entry.


MY NEXT GIG:
LORD KNOWS- I MAY NEVER WORK AGAIN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home