PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Friday, July 07, 2006

Who do you do?


Themed nights? Still not sure, none of the stuff about frogs yesterday was funny enough to go in an act, but I still think a starting point sets off ideas. Though maybe 'frogs' is a bit narrow.

Another idea we've been considering to spice up the LLC is a covers night. Basically we do famous comics' material, possibly even dressing up like them. If we go with this I might do Emo Philips, as at school I could do a fairly good impression of his sing-song whining voice. For those who don't remember he's a lanky oddball and master of the 'pull back and reveal' gag. eg;

"I love to watch the children in the park running around and screaming... because they don't know I'm firing blanks."

A bit of research and I discovered that old Emo is still going strong, so I can easily write to him asking for full permission to perform his copyrighted material.

I'm just off to do that now.

Yes.

Any minute now.

Honest.

NEXT GIG;

TUESDAY 11TH OF JULY. SHOW STARTS 9.00 -
'LONG LIVE COMEDY'
THE DOG AND PARROT (UPSTAIRS)
-OPPOSITE THE CENTRE FOR LIFE, 2 MINS FROM CENTRAL STATION.
ONLY £2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home