PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Gig 33.

Another good gig at the stand in Edinburgh. I went on first but the crowd were already up for it and nicely settled. I had one scary moment when I overheard the compare from backstage, he was talking about the 'where the bloody hell are ya?' Australia ads, which I was going to talk about. I was lucky to have heard. He took it a different way, so I could still do my stuff, but I no longer had to do the introduction, if I'd ploughed on as normal there would probably have been a weird silence which might have thrown me. Anyway, alright in the end. Everyone went down well, which was a tribute both to the crowd and the fact that the acts know their onions.

The only slight problem was recording my act. My dictaphone's starting to get a bit temperamental so when I asked callum to tape my bit, I explained that it sometimes needs a bit of a goggle and squeeze to keep it going (a loose wire somewhere). Callum thought he'd done it, but it seems he'd started it going, watched me and after the show when he looked down again he saw it was still running and presumed all was well. In the car, though, when I listened back, I heard...

"Mr. Pete Thompson... Hello, I'm gonna start tonight with a joke my nephew told me...shhhhwuuuuzeeeeewhhuuuu....Pete Thompson, thanks very much, good night."

We haven't had any for a while but...

TOP TIP: LISTEN TO THE ACT BEFORE YOU, IN CASE THEY DO THE SAME GAGS. REPLACE YOUR TAPE RECORDER WHEN IT STARTS TO MESS UP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home