PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Some er, stuff.

Just a quick one today as I haven't done any gigs or thought of any new stuff. In fact this is more coming attractions, as I'll tell you more about these after the event.

So tomorrow expect more on the Monday night comics' round table. Or in other words me, Al, Callum and possibly a few more are meeting for a drink in the bridge hotel. This may be a chat, or it could be the debate which secures the future of amateur comedy in Newcastle. Anyway, it seems other people were thinking along the same lines as me when i discussed continuing with some regular meeting of minds. So tonight from 7, the bridge hotel if anyone else wants to drop in. But more on that tomorrow.

On thursday expect more on the mighty boosh live. I'm going to York to see the first day of the tour, though they also come through Newcastle in a month or so. It's a great show, but didn't really take off on TV. I didn't like it when i saw bits of episodes at 11, but then it was repeated at 6.30 and i saw a whole one when i wasn't tired and grouchy and loved it. It's about two zoo keepers - Vince (mogli in flares) -70's retro chic, hair, electro pop -and Howard jazz, poetry. It's difficult to describe but my favorite episode has them taking a bear to a zoo for animal offenders (we've got a rapist crab, a swan that keys cars). I suggest everyone checks it out - the second series is currently being repeated -11.20 BBC2 tonight. -I prefer the first series, as in the 2nd they aren't in the zoo any more - hence zoo manager Bob Fossil doesn't appear. -He was my favorite character, an American Zoo manager who doesn't know what the animals are called -"This is the leg-face man, you know - he's got 4 legs and another leg on his face*"

You'll notice I now have 4 links.

Richard Herring's site - including the Web-log of this successful comedian - He actually tries to write funny entries, rather than writing about being a comedian in a way that makes it sound as exciting as hearing an account of a paint drying observation course, with slides. I'll have to try that myself.

New Word Order - they are more a poetry group, but I've been on two comedy workshop courses by them and done some gigs through them. - However the site hasn't been updated since new year, so unless they shape up, I may lose the link -and they might lose their 12k arts council funding.

Chortle - the comedy news website, always worth a gander. I found out about the student comedy competition through this. My favorite story recently was the glorious return of futurama - they're going to make 4 feature length DVDs. "Bender's back baby, please insert liquor!"

Al Dawe's Blog. Much the same as you get here - another nerd wondering if he's really funny or not.

MY NEXT GIG: THE GONG SHOW - DICKENS INN MIDDLESBOROUGH SUN 5TH FEB.

THE SUNDERLAND ROYALTY IS STILL GOING STRONG, EVERY WED.

*He means elephant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home