PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Back- and going for my Century.

Hello again fans. I've been gone for the hols. I did mean to keep this up even when I wasn't doing any gigs, but what with university work this is the first entry in about a month, so i'll just keep going were I left off.

Last gig was the NWO party, and it was pretty much another stinker. I won't go over it - pretty much the same as Sunderland but I didn't have the mic stand as an excuse this time. I was probably a little more relaxed than I should have been, thanks to the 2 free beers for performers, but that's no excuse either. I've really thought about just throwing in the towel, but i've decided to get back out there. I really think I have something original- currently I'm just awful in a fairly original way, but who knows?

Anyway, I've decided to go for 100 gigs. I think if I force myself to keep going until I've done 100 performances of some kind of comedy, then either I'll be good, or I'll know it's never going to happen. The NWO party was my 15th, so that's 85 to go. At my current pace that'll take about 2 years. But that's probably how long it takes to get really good.

Anyway - there should be a flurry of new entries now my work's (mostly) out of the way, starting with a report on tonight's Egypt cottage show, no.16 - if I get up and trawl through my notes of last month and see if anything is actually funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home