PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Student Comedy Awards.

What with all the excitement of setting up our own night - Long Live Comedy- I'd forgotten that my actual next gig is infact quite an important one too. I'm in the Chortle Student Comedy Awards in Manchester on 27th Feb. Coo.

I think the biggest challenge of this gig will actually be staying sober, as I think I will drive there and come straight back after it. I suppose this is something real working comics have to get used to, but I still can't be in a pub and not have a pint in front of me.

So far most of my gigs have been local and usually only about once a week, so I've been able to treat a gig as a night out. But if I'm going to do more professional work (ho,ho.) I'll have to treat it like a job - drive there, do the gig, drive home.

Maybe I should be worrying a bit more about what I'll say than how I'll get there. At the moment I'm torn between straight standup, and finishing on my planet of the ape song. The only trouble is, the simpsons once used the same idea, and though I'm not stealing the jokes, some people might see it as too derivative. (I did come up with it before I knew of the Simpsons version -honest!)

If you've seen me and can recommend favourite bits that I should definately keep, please leave a comment.

MY NEXT GIG:
TUESDAY 7TH MARCH. 8.00.
THE BIG ONE, THE FIRST NIGHT OF 'LONG LIVE COMEDY'
THE DOG AND PARROT (UPSTAIRS) -OPPOSITE THE CENTRE FOR LIFE, 2 MINS FROM CENTRAL STATION

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home