PeetThompson's Blog.

Comedy in Newcastle.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Gig 4. Part 1. 'It's a disgrace... full of drugs...'

Gig 4 part 1, because returning to the cumberland arms Rich and I did a sketch and, feeling more confident, I tried a comic song on my own.

Here is the sketch part. It was on a simple idea which I might still squeeze into some stand up. Having seen Quorn chicken fillets and Linda Macartney sausages I thought - who are they for? For vegetarians who still like the taste of meat- but have given it up on moral grounds. So why not a similar product for those who like the taste of human flesh, but who don't like the negative social stigma of cannibalism.

The actual sketch turned out to be a pete and dud style chat in the pub about giving something up, only after a minute did the audience realise it wasn't smoking. Rich suggested a lot of improvements and it changed so much that the Quorn-like product was never actually mentioned. I thought it had a lot of good lines.

Ex-cannibal- Getting rid of the scraps was always a worry.

Cannibal- You were lucky, I've never liked liver. Biggest organ in the bastard body that is.

It was also funny to have the social and physical welfare of people discussed by those who intended to eat them.

'They never get any excercise, they live in these tiny boxes...'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home